Monday, November 15, 2010

Mish Mash

The 21 day challenge. I really narrowed my choices to the top 3 areas of my life needing the most attention. 1. exercise. 2. Spiritual 3. creativeness. #2 is really the most important aspect in anyone's life. #1 should be up there after #2. But #3 is the one I chose. Mainly having had almost 1 1/2 years off (just sporaidic bits of creative pleasure) I really could use making this a daily part of my life again. And with homeschooling 2 little pickles the days seem short on time. So I've made it a priority to spend at least 10-15 minutes crafting everyday. Yesterday was the first day that I thought I hadn't achieved my goal, but then realized if you count that I actually installed my new Adobe PSE9 and chose photos to print out. Then I actually did achieve my goal. Today, I've searched for crafting ideas for a Thanksgiving party the kids have next Thursday.

I have completed a layout and 2 altered household items. Here's the completed layout.

Journaling: Don, I'm so very blessed to have you in my life. You're a wonderful husband, man, friend, father. I couldn't have dreamed a more perfect match for me. Thank you for choosing me. I love you. Lisa

The photo is from this August in Michigan. I had it printed out with Jason Gaylor's Valentine brushes. That is one of my favorite brush sets and a frequent go to item. I received them as part of a Jessica Sprague class. But one of Dixie Pieces challenges this month is to create a layout about someone you're thankful for. So this lends perfectly into that.

JGaylor Valentine Brush set; PP -Heidi Swapp with 2 of the attached diecuts (still have the extra one to use), HS - stamp (oh-my, using this old "aDore" stamp just tickled me all over); TH-ink, stamps, sizzix die, alcohol ink (used the alcohol ink to die the crystals & rhinestone in the button); SU!-ink, marker: MME-diecuts (photo mat cut in half as photo corners and scallop under the ribbon and the flower above the book page die cut & below the button) used TA-glimmermist on all of them; twill ribbon-old kit? (I think from label tulip); Joann's - lace ribbon, heart ribbon with gray paint pen; Stamps-g studio, Basic Grey; Prima crystals; Hero Arts Rhinestone; vintage button & jewelry piece.

Lots of fun to create. and the best part. It makes me smile every time I look at it. You can't ask for more than that.