Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life, or something like it

Wowsers. It's been a rough couple of months. I have had almost no scrap/craft time. With homeschooling, we already have limited time. I bought and put up storage unit in the sub-basement and have been trying to get that into some sort of organized chaos. But then I had an extended family member's surgery, we have been spending time there helping out. The kids were sick, although GM's kept us homebound most days, we could still function. And luckily LC's fell the weekend after the blizzard and with HGH's cancelled we didn't miss coop. Last weekend my darling wonderful husband took the kids out for the whole of Saturday. Although the house was a mess (& typically that means I'd still be a mess), I found peace and relaxation. Craft time. Movie time. Internet time. joyous! I feel like a weight is starting to lift.

So the latest layouts


> When J & S came to visit, GM monopolized S's time with Barbie play. S then dressed up GM to look like one of her Barbie's. I sprayed the heart & doily with glimmer mist (either TA or homemade), Lettering with Silhoutte, tulle under the plain doily, Prima & Martha Stewart for all other embellie's.

This background was stamped with versamark using FPD stamps and clear embossed. Then I used TA glimmer mist on the page. I actually made it during the weekend that J&S visited. We enjoyed a bit of just scrappy girl time, so I thought it was perfect for our scrap time together. American Crafts letters, Prima flowers, tissue paper for a base to a prima flower, old denim and scrap lace for ruffle, Hobby Lobby for butterfly. The vintage button is attached to a sizzix cut tag which houses the journaling.

No comments: