Friday, October 22, 2010

Dixie Pieces Challenge #5 Country Pop


This weeks challenge is country pop and we only have some titles from Carrie Underwood. But that's ok, because as soon as I saw the title Jesus Take the Wheel, I knew. I actually used jean material cut with my sizzix for a layer on the tissue paper flower and for the swirl. Over the top of that a little pearl action by prima. I must say at $3 for a package I have issues using a whole piece on one layout. And neither of my stash swirls really met my needs. So I cut out 2 swirls and placed them how I wanted them. Love the final look. I used glimmermist like crazy - the green "apple", 2 different on white cardstock for my journaling tag and a spritz even on the denim. All the pp is MME. I finished off the tag with my fave FPD stamp set.
My journaling reads:
The first time I heard this song, I was so enamored. It touched me to my core. I remembered not letting God into my life and the destructive path that I was on myself. How Jesus led me back to his flock. And most importantly it reminded me that I need to let Jesus take control more in my own life even now that I’m part of His flock. Especially now, because I can’t go this life alone, I need help in each and every aspect of it: my relationships (Don, kids, family, friends, and acquaintances), my home, myself (patience and strength), our home school, church, and help realizing that even when I don’t agree, that His will is more important and must prevail. Jesus, take the wheel.
Now I need to put the date on, I keep forgetting the date lately. duh.

No comments: